Wednesday, October 14

Gal's about Town - Jessie Ward


Name -Jessie Ward
Occupation - By day, video editor/director - by night, member of the band Talulah Does The Hula & sometimes DJ



Describe your personal style in 4 words- RocknRoll, Shape, Texture & Comfort
Biggest fashion influence- I'm obsessed with anything 60’s and French, so films like "A Woman is a Woman" or "Les Demoiselles de Rochefort" or singer’s like France Gall
Most coveted fashion item right now- Minidresses or Playsuits paired with anything studded and leather - though I can't afford anything like that! The most coveted thing I own is a tiger-print Shaheen wiggle dress made from http://whirlingturban.com/boutique
If your wardrobe/ personal style were an album, what album would it be? - At the moment, probably Blondie Parallel Lines or the soundtrack to the film Smashing Time: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3063/2642429714_9f859088f9.jpg


Most trusty item in your wardrobe - My white & navy striped stretchy tunic top from Topshop - nice low-cut back :)

Best dressed/favourite look - Anyone who can do a modern take on classic 60’s so probably Zoey Deschanel. During the actual 60’s Anna Karina was amazing, I reckon Zoey is trying to be a modern-day Karina
Worst dressed/ least favourite look - Pussycat Dolls
Favourite fashion image - Audrey Hepburn in ‘Funny Face’, or that amazing photo from 1962, by the South African photographer Sam Haskins of a girl named Gill - it's on the cover of ‘The Last of the Shadow Puppets’ album...



I really must get rid of that - I can't really answer that because I'm a real packrat, I always figure I'll be able to use something again - especially now that I've got a sewing machine. I'm obsessed with up-cycling everything
I really must dig out - my Mom's dresses bought in Camden market at the height of the swinging 60’s, including a crocheted mini-dress. Sound’s awful but it's really cute

http://myspace.com/talulahdoesthehula

http://loveactionluvs.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment