Tuesday, October 20

My latest love......

Lately I've become increasingly beguiled with nail art - so wrong its right in my eyes. Once a big no no, now a huge yes please and thank you.

Whilst pottering around Arnotts Project in a daze a couple of weeks ago I was strangely drawn to a neatly pressed looking lady sitting waiting behind her nail art station and the array of nail art designs she was proudly displaying beside her. Admiring them from the corner of my eye whilst hiding my less than perfect nails in my pockets I supressed the desire to pounce and silently vowed to make a point of grooming my talons so she could work her magic at a later date.

Since then Ive noticed these little beauties everywhere, Revlon do some lovely press on versions as do Claires Accessories although I had to stop myself when i realised I had absentmindedly been wandering around Claire's with a set of spider web nails and full intention to buy them.....to wear where exactly Im not too sure.

My suggestion is to start off small with some DIY nail art...how fun. Its like art class all over again.

Anyone who knows me can tell you that i am a leopard print lover to an almost alarming degree so Im off to try my hand at these bad boys.....




If animal print ain't your thing, try your hand at these lace lovelies, simply cut some thin lace material to size and fit over a wet layer of clear varnish, once this is dry apply a second coat of varnish to set them. Of course the McQueen clutch probably helps to set them off but we can all dream......




Colourful options.....




So start off small but perhaps take it easy when you get to a more proficeint level, these charming little fellows below probably wont go down too well in the 9 to 5.......

No comments:

Post a Comment